Sunday 3 November 2013

Halloween Costume: Wednesday Addams

Although Halloween has been and gone I wanted to do a post about my costume this year for those struggling for outfit inspiration for regular special occasions because it could be easily replicated for a fancy look. Its modified to my liking because I thought that as Wednesday is a child in the film she most definitely wouldn't have worn a tonne of make-up but it was Halloween! the one time you can get away with wearing a face full of make-up; so I decided to make it look more modern. So rather than waffle on about it I'll get into what make-up I used.


1) Revlon Colourstay for normal/dry skin - 110 Ivory.
2) Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - 010 Ivory.
3) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

I started with my Revlon Colourstay foundation as my base and applied it with my Real Techniques brush to create an even and flawless coverage. I then added concealer under my eyes and over any imperfections and blended it out using a clean finger.


4) Sleek Contour and Blush Palette in Fair.
5) ELF Professional Bronzing Brush.
6) GOSH Pressed Powder in 01 Golden Honey.

After completing my base I powdered my face using a Powder Brush (nothing specific, any will do) and powdering my face with the pressed powder so that my foundation and concealer didn't budge. Then using the bronzer from my Sleek palette I applied it at the hollows of my cheeks (under my cheekbones), on my temples and also down the side of my nose to add some definition. Highlighter out of the same pallete was then blended on to the high points of my face: the tops of my cheekbones, along the bridge of my nose, under my eyebrow and above my cupids bow using my index finger.


7) Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick/Crayon - 008 Blackmail.
8) MUA Undressed Pallete - shades 05 and 11.
9) Avon Brush (un-known name but any normal eye shadow brush would do).
10) ELF Professional Defining Eye Brush.
11) Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner.
12) Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara.
13) Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara.


I put a thin layer of the Scandaleyes cream stick eyeshadow onto my eye lid and blended it out using my finger all over the lid and slightly over my crease to create a smokey look. To stop the product from slipping and to increase the intensity I patted shade 11 out of my MUA pallete (the black eye shadow) on top using my Avon brush. Using my ELF Defining Eye Brush and shade 05 out of my MUA pallete (the deep brown matte shadow) I blended out the edges of the previous black cream shadow to make the eye look more put together. The liquid liner was then applied close to my lash line and slightly winged out to make my eyelashes appear slightly thicker. I then coated my lashes with The Rocket mascara for length (despite it being a mascara for volume) and The Falsies mascara for volume. 


14) Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in shade 3: Revenge.

To finalise my look I applied my dark red/plum (it is much darker in person do not be deceived) lipstick to my lips.

This make-up look paired with my black ASOS peter-pan collared smock dress and two plaits in my hair created my Wednesday Addams look with a modernised twist!


"Where's your costume?"
"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."
- Wednesday Addams.

Hope you enjoyed the post!
Chloe x

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11177717/?claim=fjmpp4nfpvf">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment