Saturday 12 September 2015

Beginners guide to nights out - chloescorner

Although I've only been 18 for 8 months I feel that I've had enough experience to be able to share some top tips for those first nights out on the town and with Freshers week fast approaching what better time to share them.

Tip #1 - I cannot stress this enough honestly.. wear COMFY shoes. If heels are compulsory then make sure they're something that you can comfortably dance the night away in. I've made the mistake of wearing heels out only to have completely mangled feet the next day - please learn from my mistake!

Tip #2 - Make-up setting sprays are your bestfriend - Urban Decay Setting Spray has been my absolute saviour during sweaty club nights.

Tip #3 - Wearing a lipstick? Try a matte liquid lipstick (my choice of weapon would be the Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks) for a longer lasting finish that will outlast the many drinks that your lips will be meeting because that worn off lipstick look is not the one, lets be honest... Using a lipliner before applying your lipstick will also work a dream.

Tip #4 - PLEASE don't go out drinking on an empty stomach.. I mean I know you don't want that pot belly look in your bodycon dress, I completely understand and feel your pain girl, but you'll regret it later that night or early morning when your head is down the toilet - I'm talking from experience here ladies (or Gents...).

Tip #5 - Now I don't mean to sound like your Mother but honestly do stick together with your friends! It's not hard to get yourself lost in a busy club so always make sure you have your phone on you (again, be careful with personal belongings) just to be on the safe side. The last thing you want is to leave the club with no idea where your friends have gotten to or in an even worse scenario, wandering off with a complete and utter stranger.

Tip #6 - Be wary of your drinks people! There are such characters who like to spike innocent peoples drinks.. Not cool I know, but if you keep your beady eyes on your drink then you'll be good to go.

Tip #7 - Do know your limits. Fair enough it is nice to have a good night out and let your hair down but try and drink in moderation because you don't want to be that paralytic girl/boy who has completely no recollection of the embarrassing events of the night before. Plus if it's during freshers do you really want to leave that impression of yourself with new friends? Think about it.

Tip #8 - Take pictures - lots of them! Before, during, even afterwards if you want a good laugh when you're in a slightly more sober state. You'll look back at these pictures in years to come and smile at the memories you've made with your friends.

So there we have it, 8 of my top tips to enjoy a night out - safely and without making a complete embarrassment of yourself! Have you got any tips that I have missed? feel free to leave them in the comments!

All my love,
Chloe xo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post! As you said, Freshers week is coming up and I haven't really had much experience clubbing at all. Great post! xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete